Monday, May 13, 2013

Meet our Clients!

This month we would like to introduce you to Jenny Garby of J. Bella Salon!  Jenny and her husband have the cutest little girl who seems to be the apple of their eye!  And a wonderful AHP model!




Jenny, please tell us about your family!  


I have a pretty large family with 3 sisters and a brother.  I met my husband Tom through an online dating site and have been married for 2 1/2 years. We have a beautiful little 13m old Emma who is just starting to walk. 


How did you get involved in the styling industry?

Honestly I couldn't afford college at the time.  My mother suggested going to hair school and I happened to love it. It was the best thing that could have happened. I got more involved a few years into it and started working for a color company.  I taught their brand color and new techniques for a couple years.  


How and when did you begin your adventure with J. Bella?

In 2001 the salon I was working at was going to sell their salon to someone that didn't want booth renters. I started looking for a space to move to and there wasn't really anything I liked that was open so I asked my friend if she wanted to open something together. We found the perfect space for the 2 of us.  After a year we were growing out the space so we added another stylist an doubled our size. We just kept needing more space so we ended up adding another unit 2 years later.  The bank that was on the other side of us was open so we ended up in our space that we are in now in 2007.  We started out with 650sq feet an are now at 2,300!





How do you balance life as a business owner and mother?  

It has been a transition. My business partner Jennifer and I both have children and we split things up pretty equally.  I have a great support system that helps with watching Emma so I can work. I don't work nearly as many hours as I used to.  We also promoted one of our receptionists to Mgr so she helps a lot with the salon making sure things are done, orders are placed Etc..  

I just have to add I really love what I do. I think people should find a career doing something they really enjoy. My clients have become friends. One of our clients delivered my baby, is my Dentist, our accountant and so on.  You get to know people over the years. I have a few clients that I have had for over 15 years!  I really think the old saying us true "If you find a job you love, you will never work a day in your life" 

Sorry for rambling on, I just get mushy when I think of how lucky I am!!

A note from Allison Hope Photography:  We are excited to share that J. Bella is the host for our Bella Sessions on May 19th!   Jenny is also going to be our hair designer for the sessions!  Please call us to book your session soon 867-4970.

No comments: